Ahead of the 2023 season, the iconic obstacle course brand Tough Mudder UK has released The Innovation Lab, an opportunity for anyone to create obstacles which can potentially make their way onto the course in the future.
Grab a pen and paper and design your ultimate dream or someone’s ultimate nightmare that could make its way into a real-life challenge – the wackier the better.
Since its inception in 2010, previous winners of the Innovation Lab have had their obstacle designs featured on the course. Famous obstacles such as ‘Tipping Point’ in 2018 and the ‘Just Chute Me’ obstacle which featured at the World’s Toughest Mudder last year all came from the initiative.
Every month Tough Mudder will look to review and showcase to the community the best submissions. Fans of the designs are then encouraged to vote for their favourite idea with the most popular designs being put forward for testing.
Tough Mudder will be reviewing and showcasing the best and top voted submissions. What’s more, designers will be rewarded for their efforts by Tough Mudder and have the chance to win exclusive prizes such as a Season Pass+ worth over £500.
Karen Trickey, Senior Product Manager of Tough Mudder UK said: “I’m extremely excited to announce that the Tough Mudder Innovation Lab is back for 2023! It’s everyone’s chance for the best obstacle course in the world to be made even better, in the past it has thrown some of the craziest ideas and this year we want your creativity to have no bounds! I can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions.”
Follow the instructions below to take part in the competition:
- Post an image and description of your obstacle idea on Instagram, including the hashtag #tminnovationlab
- Generate support for your concept by getting as many ‘likes’ as possible.
- TMHQ will review the most liked concepts monthly, looking for ideas that can be feasibly constructed while delivering an incredible experience.
- Selected concepts will be passed to beta testing, where we’ll build and test them with live participants.
- Exemplary concepts that succeed in beta testing will have the chance to be added to the permanent Tough Mudder obstacle menu
To find out more, visit: https://toughmudder.co.uk/innovation-lab/